- Pete Davidson's fur coat.
- "I got my dogs Hype, HYPE, HYPOALLERGENIC" preceded by all of the big names in allergy medications. How much did SNL pay those brands for each sponsorship?
- Ego Nwodim literally hopping in to say bunnies are better. I know people with bunnies and they LOVE their bunnies. Like, you have to make serious sacrifices for bunnies, and I would argue you have to sacrifice more than if you own a dog or a cat.
- On that bunny note, the bunnies on the money. Dead.
- James McAvoy, aka Mark, losing his mind in defense of his dog.
- The hat on Keenan's dog @PookieSpike3. Woody would lose it if I put a hat on him. Props.
- Keenan also using a classic dog voice to talk to Pookie.
- When Chris Redd says "she loves being naked" and the girl on the throne realizes "maybe this rap isn't about human females."
- The appearance by a jack russell, duh.
- The gold tray of chewies behind the Pomeranian who just poop emoji'd on the carpet. That's a true queen.
I am back on the SNL train, people. I set 'record' and can't miss a week. I don't know why but this cast cracks me up just as much as the good ol' days of the mid-to-late 2000's. This past week the guys of SNL and host James McAvoy did a rap skit that I can truly relate to - I Love My Dog. Everything about it was accurate. Watch below, and then read on for the 10 best things about the SNL dog rap, according to me.
I'm just a twenty-something female raising the weirdest dog I've ever met.