- Play extra games of indoor fetch
- Work their mind and teach them new tricks. I love Zuke's training treats for this. To make your bag go further, break them in half. Just a taste is enough reward for any pup
- If you're running small errands that don't require you to be out of the car for too long, take them with you. The stimuli is good for them.
- Give them a (safe) bone or chew. I only buy these if they are made in the U.S. and are sold at a holistic pet store.
- If they enjoy being outside and it's not too frigid take them out for a romp in the powder. If they hate it like mine does, ensure they have a sweater for an extra layer of warmth and consider doggy shoes to protect their paws from the ice and salt.
I'm not an expert (again, I will probably come home to a mess), but I do try to integrate as much of this as possible into his winter routine.